Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
BackMarket is looking for an engineering leader who will help drive our Data Engineering development team. The core competencies of this role include mentoring and coaching of people, cultivating a collaborative team, leading delivery, and data product ownership
What you'll be doing :Leading a growing team of 7 Data EngineersCollaborating with the product group and other tribes to align the team with company objectives and initiatives across engineering and the wider businessEnsuring the development of people and teams through ongoing coaching and mentoringCreating an inclusive team environment, where team members feel like they belong and are supported do their best workEstablishing open communication and a culture of feedback between team membersWorking in an agile "build it and run it" environment where engineering teams build, launch, monitor and support the sections they ownWorking with the team to identify and make improvements in our processes, practices and productSupporting teams in increasing the delivery proficiency by creating a learning environment.
What you'll bring to the teamExperience and passion for growing, developing and guiding peopleOpenness to receiving and giving feedback in a safe workplaceInterest in working in an environment where leaders support their teams to do great work, through removing impediments, finding improvements, and facilitating effective decision makingEnthusiasm about reaching new levels of effectiveness (and quality!)A background as an individual contributor and willingness to help when the team needs itGood verbal and written communication skills in English Excitement for learning about how our industry works and the impact we bring to our customers and the worldExperience with the following tech stack is a plus: AWS (Lambda, dynamodb, EMR), GCP (Big Query, Data Catalog), Spark (Delta), RestFul API, Terragrunt, Terraform, Datadog, Spinnaker, Python, Scala,
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.