Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
Building on our success in in Europe, we are steadily becoming an international brand, we have a lot to do in order to keep up with the roadmap and the scaling.
As a Front-End Lead Architect, you will join our Squad Core in order to propose and implement tomorrow’s software architecturesin teams which are constantly evolving both technically and within their feature teams in the organisation.
Working daily with the leads dev and the CTO, you will instill the products’s technical vision and applications by anticipating changes in technological environments.Finally, you will guarantee technical consistency between the different feature teams.
Required profile :You are a talented architect with 4 to 8 years of experience in a similar position.Experience in an E-commerce environment preferredYou have proven successful in implementing a security policyYou are user centric : implementation of an accessibility policy, performance and lightweight code.Quality of code is your priority and you follow best practices (functional tests, accessibility, continuous integration, continuous deployment...).You have solid bases on VueJS and you are also expert in JS (AND curious about other things such as TypeScript, ELM ...) while understanding the constraints (backend, integration with third parties such as payment ...).You know what a backend4frontend is, JWT, and you know that there's more to life than REST.You want to join an interesting tech environment in constant evolution: OpenAPI, VueJs, Algolia, NewRelic, DataDog Docker, Seamless Integration, Agile, Nginx, International
Great verbal and written communication skills, in English
Recruitment process :
Call with Stéphane one of our tech talent acquisition specialist
Technical interview with members of the tech team
Team Fit Interview with your Manager and one of your potential futur coworker
Interview with Quentin our CTO and Co-founder
Interview with Thibaud our CEO and Co-founder
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.