Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. We have already raised 158M€ to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting selected and certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Taking part in Back Market’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact. Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to be excited about the future of BackMarket.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
With both business and product acumen, as the Global Supply Partnerships Lead you will identify, negotiate, build and maintain Back Market’s key partnerships with device analytics providers, inventory management systems, and other SaaS eCommerce platforms used by our merchant sellers. These partnerships will not only drive new sellers to our global marketplaces, but they will also directly impact the ease of which sellers sell on Back Market, and therefore the quality of the product and experience delivered to our end consumer.
This is a new role at Back Market, these partnership programs have previously been managed by multiple parties without a strategic vision. Along with developing that vision, you will reassess our current partnerships and integrations, pick up a series of existing exploratory conversations and hunt for new opportunities. You will work closely with the Heads of Supply, Product, Development, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Brand, and more. However, as a senior-level individual contributor, you must be prepared to be both the strategist and the doer. As your impact grows, so will your team.
What’s your mission?
- Identify and develop global strategic partnerships with various software providers used by our marketplace sellers
- Own the creation, negotiation, execution, and management of deals leading to GMV growth
- Provide on-going partner management, including evaluating new partners or integration upgrades
- Build outstanding relationships with partners based on trust, advocacy, and a clear understanding of partners’ business objectives
- Deliver strong internal recommendations for partnership opportunities based on data, industry trends, and behaviors across our market segment
- Inform forecasting and financial modeling to strengthen your business case
- Collaborate with cross-functionally to ensure partnerships strategies are aligned and continuously improved
- Direct priorities and roadmap with internal Product Owner
- Facilitate internal education on your partnerships to enable our account management team to motivate adoption by our marketplace sellers
- Develop and lead external educational activities to influence partner roadmaps and the development of new features
- 5-7 years of relevant job experience; identifying, developing, and launching multi-year partnerships programs
- Strong understanding of what drives the most successful agreements between partners
- Technical knowledge of product integrations and experience working hand-in-hand with product and development teams to complete integration work
- Working knowledge of APIs
- Excellent written and verbal skills. You are comfortable speaking with senior-level executives, both internally and externally. Account management experience preferred
- Experience with SQL and Tableau preferred
- Experience within the smartphone, refurbishment, Asset Management Systems, or eCommerce space preferred
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING AT BACK MARKET:Back Market is growing fast: you won’t have to create a dynamic environment from scratch, but just nurture and cultivate it.We are in hypergrowth but we are still very much in the early stages when it comes to branding: your work will have a tremendous impact - and you’ll have a shitload of autonomy.We believe in our brand, for real. We are not trying to create smoke and mirrors: our brand is at the core of our business. If you want to work building a brand that actually matters, this is the right place.The job will evolve a lot through time. More responsibilities, more resources, more talent to manage, more room to grow. We are a mission-driven company. We are here to help solve the environmental crisis, one refurbished product at a timeBack Makers (your future colleagues) are passionate, fun (sometimes!) and benevolent (always)Team lunches, happy hours, company outings (you’ll get to travel to Paris!)Amazing work space in trendy Brooklyn5-week vacation (and yes you will take them all!)Generous benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k,...)
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.