Already live and leader in 5 European countries with meteoritic growth since its founding in 2014 (run rate of several hundreds of millions of GMV), Back Market is expanding in more countries in Europe as well as launching new product categories in addition to our core categories of smartphones and macbooks, to build the leading global marketplace for refurbished electronics and appliances.
Around a core scalable product, Back Market will define for each country and category a business strategy for them to be as attractive for customers as France and smartphones are. This represents the next stage of Back Market’s growth. To lead the next stage of our growth and handle this complexity, Back Market is recruiting a Head of Country and Category Management.
Within the Business Development team, which is in charge of sourcing the offer available on our platforms in Europe and the US by recruiting, managing and growing relationship with merchants worldwide, you will be reporting directly to our Head of Business Development.
You will be in charge of co-developing each country and category defining for each the business targets (from the traffic acquisition, to the product selection, inventory and pricing), monitoring their completion working hand-in-hand with the business teams (marketing, business development, product, quality, …) and designing solutions to win in new countries and categories.
*YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT):
- Recruiting and managing a team of country coordinators and category managers;
- Building the framework within which we’ll define each country and category business strategy;
- Defining ambitious targets for each country/category in partnership with the business teams (e.g. selection, inventory, pricing, payment methods, traffic, GMV);
- Leading the Country/Category performance review and conducting the operational monitoring of business results – coordinating with each business teams;
- Identifying key blocking points at target completion, design solution hand-in-hand with other Business team and monitor their implementation and adoption;
- Benchmarking competition to find growth opportunities for each country/category, and be a key member of the roadmap design with the Project teams;
- Communicating at the company level on the Country and Category performance.