Freeing the planet from electronic waste, leading the shift towards a circular economy, and building a global billion-dollar tech company are three solid reasons to wake up in the morning.
Founded six years ago in Paris, Back Market is the world's first online marketplace dedicated to refurbished consumer electronics. We have already raised 158M€ to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting selected and certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Taking part in Back Market’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact. Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to be excited about the future of Back Market.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
The Back Market Training and Quality Performance Team is looking for an exceptional Instructional Designer to create and continuously improve learning programs using an array of creative approaches that inspire learners and drive productivity. This includes both self- and instructor-led training for our Customer Service Associates around the world. The role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before. This position is in Brooklyn, NY.
Your Mission If You Accept It
- Use appropriate tools and delivery methods to produce blended learning materials promoting learning through self-study, practice, performance support, socialization and knowledge-sharing
- Develop an e-learning and self-paced learning program
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality, business impact, and scalability
- Leverage technology to improve learner access and provide just in time learning
- Pursue a deep understanding of learner roles to ensure that learning solutions meet the needs of stakeholders and end users
- Maintain knowledge of new learning approaches, technology and tools through continuous research to ensure our solutions deliver innovation
- Develop assessments that measure learner outcomes including productivity and understanding
- Work with teams through Back Market to represent the training team needs for delivering training and successful change management.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Distance Learning, or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years formal education and/or experience in customer service training
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration and driving project success
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in communicating soft skills & processes using clear, simple language and visuals
- 2+ years experience conducting quality analysis reviews of customer support performance and training
- Experience in managing projects is helpful
- Comfortable working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture.
- Degree or experience in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or a related field
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications
- Experience with LMS architecture and deployment within a corporate learning environment
- Experience with Customer Service-related content
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING AT BACK MARKET:
We are a mission-driven company. We are here to help solve the environmental crisis, one refurbished product at a time
Back Makers (your future colleagues) are passionate, fun (sometimes!) and benevolent (always)
Team lunches, happy hours, company outings (you’ll get to travel to Paris!)
Amazing work space in trendy Brooklyn
5-week vacation (and yes you will take them all!)
Generous benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k,...)
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.