With an estimated $80bn market segment size, the refurbished electronics and appliances market segments represent a huge growth opportunity for Back Market, especially as only 1 in 8 products are sold as refurbished today.
Back Market, leveraging its presence in the US and 5 EU countries, is structuring and growing the refurbished market segment, with the goal to make buying refurbished products as normal as buying new products. A key lever to achieve this is to offer extended warranties and breakage insurance to customers, removing a barrier to buy refurbished products.
Within the Operations team, reporting directly to our Chief Operations Officer, you will be in charge of revamping our existing extended warranties and breakage insurance (live in France and Spain), significantly improve the customer experience when their product fails, and launch the services worldwide. You will be responsible for running the warranty services and will own its P&L. You will manage relationship with existing and new services partners worldwide.
The role is based in Paris or Bordeaux.
*YOUR MISSION (if challenge accepted): *
- Benchmark other marketplaces and retailers to understand what are best-in class warranties and insurance offers;
- Build and implement a high priority plan to significantly improve the current extended warranties offer, with the goal to disrupt the industry with a never seen before customer experience, and to launch it globally;
- Work closely with the Sales, Quality, Marketing and Finance teams to build and implement the plan;
- Own and improve the operational KPIs monitoring the customer experiences;
- Own and improve the P&L for the services.