Freeing the planet from electronic waste, leading the shift towards a circular economy, and building a billion-dollar tech company are three solid reasons to wake up in the morning.
Founded five years ago in Paris, Back Market is the world's first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to second-hand devices. Similar to how Airbnb aggregates homeowners and travelers on one trusted platform to draw economic value from a previously underutilized asset — vacant living spaces — Back Market connects certified professionals specializing in the refurbishing and resale of used electronics with consumers looking for a more affordable, reliable, and environmentally-friendly alternative to buying new.
Inside Back Market’s Marketing department, among the Insight team, you will be in charge of conducting analysis to support Back Market’s growth on its different markets (France, UK, US, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, …).
- Develop competition watch and market trends analysis where Back Market is live
- Enhance Back Market’s customer knowledge
- Structure and optimize existing reporting
Your mission (if you accept it):
Develop international market trends monitoring:
- Solutions’ benchmark (tools, databases, …) available for competition watch on Back Market main countries
- Monitoring implementation: dashboard set-up, newsletters sharing, big e-commerce days analysis (Black Friday, French Days, …)
Back Market brand awareness monitoring:
- Take over and optimize existing reporting
- Develop brand awareness monitoring in Back Market new open countries
New markets analysis (Austria, Netherlands, Finland, …):
- E-commerce competition benchmark
- Define best practices regarding refurbished markets and make concrete recommendations to foster Back Market’s growth
Enhance Back Market’s customer base knowledge:
- Build or update Back Market’s personae