With an estimated $80bn market, the refurbished grey, brown and white goods represent a huge growth opportunity for Back Market, making even more mainstream the refurbished tech products consumption.
Yet, product categories other than smartphones – Other Electronics & Appliances – are not yet mature and the corresponding refurbished offer is below smartphones standards, requiring a specific focus to increase its attractiveness for customers. Done right, this segment represents a huge growth opportunity.
Within the Business Development team, which is in charge of sourcing the offer available on our platforms in Europe and the US by recruiting and managing relationship with merchants worldwide, you will be reporting directly to our Head of Business Development. You will be in charge of developing the Other Electronics & Appliances offer in Europe and the US, a key driver for Back Market’s growth working closely with the Business Development team who will onboard the selection based on your recommendations.
*YOUR MISSION (if you accept it):
- Build analytics to understand and assess Back Market’s existing categories performance;
- Spot global trends on the electronics and appliances market which would support Back Market’s growth;
- Identify and prioritize key categories to develop, alongside with recommendations regarding the expected breadth and extent of ranges and pricing;
- Create Sourcing Recommendation material for merchants, to help them source the best products;
- Support the Business Development team during negotiation with merchants and prospects with impactful data;
- Build and define product classification, attributes and navigation filters;
- Work closely with marketing to build an offer-based and merchant-based merchandising strategy;
- Work closely with the Product team to improve the UX for purchasing those new categories.