Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
As a Senior/Lead software engineer at Backmarket, you will join one of our feature teams handling the design, the development and the improvement of critical product features related to the evolution of our international business. You will be responsible for the reliability and performance of the code you and your team create.
You will have ownership of your scope and will be partnering with other engineers both on your team and in the product area to ensure an effective delivery. Working closely with our departments on our technical roadmap and architecture, your work will have a major impact on the scaling and evolution of our product.
What you will be doing Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within BackMarket in general.Working in an agile "build it and run it" environment where engineering teams build, launch, monitor and support the sections that they ownFacilitate collaboration with product owners and designers to solve interesting and exciting problems for scaling our service and delivering it worldwide.Mentor your team in producing clean, consistent and well-organised code Identify your team pain points and drive improvements in our processes, practices and product
Proactively researching and leading design and adoption of best practicesCultivate an open communication culture with constant feedback between team membersSupporting teams in increasing the delivery proficiency by creating a learning environment.
What you will bring to the teamA technical vision for your team and a passion for creating systems and improving your environment.You love to write distributed, high-volume services and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.(clean code, TDD, BDD, DDD, SOLID).Openness to receiving and giving feedback in a safe and inclusive workplaceGreat verbal and written communication skills in English Excitement for learning about how our industry works and the impact we bring to both our customers and the world Knowledge working on our Tech stack : AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, RestFul API, Python, VueJs, Nuxt, Algolia, Datadog, Spinnaker, SQS, ElasticSearch, Nginx, UWSGI
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.